pátek 9. srpna 2013

IBM BPM Adding users

It is always fun when you are getting into a software for the first time ;-). This time it was the IBM Business Process Manager for me.



One of the tasks you'd have on the way is User Management. I was in the middle of my BPD creation willing to test the process via a real user interface. OK, that needs some test user right?

Blind lane

I went to my http://ibmbpm:9443/ProcessCenter -> Admin and saw Manage users window. The feeling was: "yiiippiieee, that was easy!". Not for long :). The thing I did not realize was that you can only add existing users via the ProcessCenter. And so I was digging around in the ProcessCenter for quite a while, trying to find the option for new user adding. Do not do that this way :)





Solution

IBM BPM offers a bunch of portals for various tasks. User management functionality can only be accessed via the ProcessAdmin portal - http://ibmbpm:9443/ProcessAdmin . When you come to this point, it is getting straightforward: User Management -> Add ;-).




Sometimes I'm a newbie! :)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat